Wednesday, 14 November 2012

MY BIRTH ACCOUNT 16 SEPT 2009

Mommy was in labour approx 4 - 5 days. Mommy and dddy went to Tygerberg Zoo and when we stopped to go in I felt a pain.  Funny enough we made jokes thatTygerberg Zoo was nowhere near Tygerberg and that if I go into labour then I don't know where you're gonna be born.  I read books that labour cantake long so we went to the zoo and enjoyed the ime together so much. The huge bear was the best. When we went home daddy stopped at Sanlam Shopping Centre and we checked the movies that were on. I wanted to watch "UP" for a long time and daddy wantedus to watch it. As we were goin to purchase the tickets I thought about the labour pains I have and decided we must rather go home. My hospital bag was in the car for a month or so, just for incase. The pains were unbearble and I couldnt lay down or sit. 
 
For the nextfew days I had to walk around the house, I couldn't sleep and when I lay down the pain gets worse. Everytime I go to the hospital they sent me home to dilate further. Finally the night before you were born I decided to take a bath in the warmest water I could. I couldn't wee in the toilet :) because I couldn't sit. I had to put a bucket on a table (and my LG Choc phonefell in the bucket). The warm water bath helped and soon I had contractions a few minutes apart. Daddy slept through it all. Oupa panicked and said I must go to hospital. I woke daddy up, sat in the back of the car with a pillow. I went into hospital and the porter asked me if I wanted a wheelchair but I said no. A few seconds later he peeped around the corner and found me holding onto the wall unable to walk. The morning hours that followed you were born. Daddy didn't want to let you go, he held you and stared at you the whoile time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment